Friday, May 6, 2016

Watchmen

I've only recently read Alan Moore's 'Watchmen'. And I feel bad about missing out on it for so long. It was a very interesting experience full of many themes artfully woven inside the dystopian New York scene. The one of the themes that I observed was the representation of God as Dr. Manhattan. Manhattan's character represents God in the sense that he does not care for petty problems or disputes, since they don't affect him. I also enjoyed that Watchmen gave me more than just capes and fanfare, it also gave me what it's like living behind the mask.
It was also really great listening to Alan Moore's Mindscape, ah he's living my dream of making art and being a wizard. But on a real note a lot of what he said stuck with me, a lot of it ringed true and what a world we would live in today if more people thought the way he did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment